Just in time for Valentine’s Day, this amazing email describing what love is came into my inbox. I think it perfectly captures the Five More Minutes With zeitgeist, so I will be sharing it the next couple of weeks for all to enjoy.
A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds , ‘What does love mean?'”
The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined See what you think:
1. ‘When my grandmother got arthritis , she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore.. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.’ Rebecca- age 8 ‘
2. When someone loves you , the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.’ Billy – age 4 ‘
3. Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.’ Karl – age 5
4. ‘Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.’ Chrissy – age 6
5. ‘Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.’ Terri – age 4